Wednesday was another fun filled day! School, sightseeing, and Salsa dancing!!
I think I mentioned before that the children get a snack every day. Today's snack was a hard boiled egg and a potato. I walked into the classroom and Roger (the teacher) had put a bucket in the middle of the classroom, so children could peel their eggs and put the shells into it. Their were children sitting on the floor putting their shells in, and then children standing who were purposely dropping the shells on the other children's heads. I was trying not to laugh hysterically but it was quite funny...they are first graders! The children on the floor had absolutely no idea! Once they all sat back at their desks, I walked around and brushed off their hair!
These are the school's bunnies! All of the children are responsible of taking care of the animals at the school!
These are the cuy (guinea pigs)
This is my first grade classroom! Roger is reading to them! So bright and cheerful in the classroom, so much natural lighting!
This is music class!
Music Class
Chiccaron! This is fried pork, corn on the cob (with HUGE kernels), cheese, and some other yummy stuff! So much food!!
What the heck?!!! Walking down the street we run into a Barney??? I was laughing hysterically for a good ten minutes! Just very awkward...and he was selling lollipops! A little sketchy!
This is the market where the Peruvians go to buy all of there meats, grains, fruits, veggies, and cheese.
Lady walking her llama through the market, no big deal.
Raw meat just hanging out...
Yum, chicken!
Notice the chicken heads, and the feet....
This is the entrance to the market.
So after all of our sightseeing, we got to take salsa lessons from a wonderful instructor at his studio! We were all excited and kind of nervous as we had never done salsa before! We ended up having a great time and got the hang of it pretty quickly! Franshesco (the instructor) brought in some guys so that we would all have someone to work with...we just rotated around the room so we got the feel of different styles.
No comments:
Post a Comment