My first stop this summer will be Peru! This is an educational trip let by the PreK/Primary department at UNF. Dr. Fullerton, one of the PreK/Primary instructor,s is taking 10 students with her to Peru this summer. I was lucky enough to be chosen to attend this great opportunity. I leave for this trip on May 25th!!! :) One week until I will be flying to Cusco, Peru! I am extremely excited for this opportunity and can't wait to see what Peru has to offer. From what I have heard, it is pretty chilly there right now!
Each UNF student has been assigned a specific classroom to work in during our time in Peru. We will start the week by observing in the classroom, getting to know our teacher and also our students. We will assist and help out as much as we can while in the classroom. Each UNF student was required to create a lesson to teach in Peru. We do this here in FL and then bring all necessary materials with us to Peru. By the end of the week, each UNF student will teach their lesson to the class that they have been working in. Dr. Fullerton has asked that our lessons are focused on something Florida related. This allows the Peruvian students to get a better understanding of Florida and our culture. I will post about my lesson that I created later on in the week.
Although we will be extremely busy in the school, we will still have plenty of time to explore and sight see! I can not wait to check out Peru and see what their culture is like! I am sure it will be an eye opening experience! :)
Look forward to more posts and tons of pictures!! :) :)
PERU 2012!! :)
![]() |

First to comment ;) Looking forward to following your blog...love you ♥
ReplyDeleteWe look forward to sharing your adventure. Have a blast!
ReplyDelete